Sacchi Swoops At Milano-Torino; Another Win On Pinarello Dogma FP
Saturday's 90th Milano-Torino was won by Fassa Bortolo's Fabio Sacchi in
a tight sprint over Mirko Celestino. Sacchi was part of a 9 man breakaway
that escaped on the final climb of the Colle del Superga just outside Torino
and with 10km to go, the front riders had a 26" lead. Celestino attacked on the twisting descent of the Superga with 5km to go and put some daylight between himself and the rest of the break, but was caught with 2km and in the finale, Fabio Sacchi sprinted to victory in Milano-Torino on his Pinarello Dogma FP, already the 12th win of the 2005 season for Pinarello's new state of the art bicycle.
Milano-Torino / 199 km
1. Fabio Sacchi (Fassa Bortolo) 4h47'41"
(average speed: 41,500 km/hr)
2. Mirko Celestino (Domina Vacanze)
3. Paolo Tiralongo (Ceramiche Panaria-Navigare)
4. Emanuele Sella (Ceramiche Panaria-Navigare)
5. Danilo Di Luca (Liquigas-Bianchi).
Tempo del vincitore: 4h47'41", alla media di 41,500 km/h.